Wednesday, April 14, 2010

VLCD9

Hi, there ! Today is Very Low Calorie Day 9 and I released .6 pounds ! I had a rough day yesterday - I drank too much Smooth Move Tea and had terrible stomach pains. I chose to remedy that with 2 large oatmeal cookies - bad move ! My blood sugar shot up and I had to go lay down, falling asleep. This upset my sleep for the night and I didn't get to sleep until after 1 am.

Thank goodness for the release because it kept me motivated to behave today. Let me tell you how my BMI has changed. When I first started it was 35.8. Now it is 34.86. Almost a full point ! I am still classified as obese but once I hit a BMI of 29 - I will just be overweight !

I got my bloodwork in the mail today from my endocrinologist. My Hemoglobin A1C is down 1.2 points from December. Yippee ! This number tells you how you are doing over a 3 month period. It is not a normal number, but it indicates my diabetes is more controlled. This I knew because I have been taking my medicine regularly. The more I think about it, though, I really want tighter control of my numbers. I really want to see double digits like I did on Byetta. But I agreed to be patient and give it a few weeks.

So today I put on those size 18 Baby Phat stretch jeans. I managed to zip them up. Not comfortably, mind you, but I did get them on. Then I wore another pair of size 18 jeans today. They were a bit snug at first, but I wore them and they loosened up some.

I also went to the gynecologist today and she said I still had some swelling (duh !) but I was healing really well. I didn't tell her I put aloe vera/vitamin E gel on my incision. They don't want you to put stuff on your incision, but being diabetic, I need the extra help. Plus, I tend to experiment and do what I want a lot !! I banged my leg on the edge of the bed four months ago and it still hasn't healed right ! So I need all the help I can get.

Time to prepare for bed - it's almost 11 pm !

No comments:

Post a Comment